They own and operate more than 80 brands like:
IX Web Hosting
A Small Orange
Berry Information Systems
Cloud by IX
Networks Web Hosting
World Wide Web Hosting
- Bluehost (EIG subsidiary):
- Bluehost excels in cost-effective shared hosting plans, making it a preferred choice for budget-conscious beginners and small enterprises.
- The hosting options include shared, VPS, dedicated, and WordPress hosting – quite a diverse portfolio!
- User experience is enhanced through a straightforward control panel and the convenience of one-click WordPress installations.
- A complimentary domain name for the first year is included in most plans, adding value to the service.
- HostGator (EIG subsidiary):
- HostGator presents an extensive range of hosting services, such as shared, VPS, dedicated, cloud, and WordPress hosting.
- Its scalable plans are particularly suitable for businesses anticipating growth – always think ahead!
- A user-friendly control panel and one-click installations for popular applications streamline the user experience.
- A 45-day money-back guarantee is offered, providing a safety net for risk-averse clients.
Y’all lookin’ for some non-EIG hostin’ options?
Well, partner, you’re in luck! There are a heap of other hostin’ brands out there, each with its own unique fixin’s and strengths. Here are five popular non-EIG hostin’ brands worth checkin’ out:
- Known for their top-notch customer support and reliability, a real pleasure to work with
- Offers shared, cloud, WordPress, and WooCommerce hostin’, givin’ you plenty of choices
- They throw in free SSL certificates, daily backups, and a built-in cachin’ system
- Now, they’re even officially recommended by WordPress.org – ain’t that somethin’?
- A2 Hosting:
- These folks are all about fast and reliable servers, makin’ sure your website’s runnin’ smooth as silk
- They’ve got shared, VPS, dedicated, cloud, and reseller hostin’ options for y’all
- Free SSL certificates and SSD storage are included with all their plans
- And they offer a risk-free, anytime money-back guarantee – talk about standin’ by their service!
- InMotion Hosting:
- They’ve got a whole slew of options: shared, VPS, dedicated, WordPress, and reseller hostin’
- InMotion provides free SSL certificates, SSD storage, and automatic backups with most plans
- They’re known for their reliable server performance and a 99.9% uptime guarantee
- They’ll even give you a 90-day money-back guarantee on selected plans
- They’re servin’ up shared, VPS, dedicated, WordPress, and cloud hostin’ for all your needs
- You’ll get free SSL certificates and SSD storage with all their plans
- DreamHost has a custom control panel, makin’ it easy as pie to manage your site
- They offer a generous 97-day money-back guarantee on shared hostin’ plans
- Liquid Web:
- These folks specialize in managed hostin’ solutions, includin’ VPS, dedicated, cloud, and WooCommerce hostin’
- They’re known for their outstandin’ customer support and server performance
- Liquid Web offers fully managed hostin’ with round-the-clock monitorin’ and automatic updates
- And they provide a 100% uptime guarantee on selected plans – now that’s confidence!
When comparin’ non-EIG hostin’ brands, it’s important to consider factors like the types of hostin’ offered, pricin’ and renewal rates, server performance, customer support quality, and ease of use. By doin’ so, you can find the best non-EIG hostin’ provider to suit your needs, and your website will be runnin’ smoother than a well-oiled wagon wheel!
When comparing these brands or other hosting providers, consider:
- Range of hosting services offered (shared, VPS, dedicated, cloud, etc.)
- Pricing structures and renewal fees
- Performance indicators (uptime, server speed, etc.)
- Quality and availability of customer support
- Ease of use factors (control panel, one-click installations, etc.)
- Scalability and adaptability for future growth
- Security provisions (SSL certificates, ddos, backups, etc.)
- Shared Hosting: This is the most affordable type of web hosting, and it involves multiple websites sharing resources on the same server. Each website has its own partition, but they share the same CPU, RAM, and storage space. Shared hosting can be a good option for small websites with low traffic and limited budgets.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting: involves multiple virtual machines running on a single physical server. Each virtual machine has its own CPU, RAM, and storage space, providing a higher level of control and flexibility than shared hosting. VPS hosting is ideal for websites with moderate traffic and resource-intensive applications.
- Dedicated Hosting: the website owner rents an entire physical server for their website. This provides complete control over the server and its resources, making it ideal for large websites with high traffic or specialized requirements. Dedicated hosting can be more expensive than other types of hosting, but it offers unparalleled control and performance.
- Cloud Hosting: involves hosting websites on a cluster of servers that work together to provide resources as needed. This allows for scalability and flexibility, as resources can be added or removed as needed. Cloud hosting is ideal for websites that experience fluctuating traffic levels or require high levels of redundancy and uptime.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: is a specialized hosting service that is optimized for WordPress websites. It typically includes features such as automatic updates, caching, and security measures. Managed WordPress hosting is ideal for website owners who want a hassle-free solution for hosting their WordPress website.
- Reseller Hosting: allows individuals or companies to purchase hosting resources and resell them to others. This can be a good option for web developers or agencies who want to offer hosting services to their clients.
Pros and Cons
- Diverse offerings: EIG’s extensive portfolio of hosting brands allows customers to select from a wide variety of hosting plans and services, catering to diverse technical requirements.
- Economies of scale: Due to the magnitude of EIG, the company can achieve economies of scale, enabling them to offer competitive prices and incorporate additional features without incurring extra costs.
- User-friendly environments: Many EIG-owned brands focus on delivering user-friendly control panels and one-click installations for commonly used applications, which simplifies the setup process for users with varying technical expertise.
- Marketing strategies: EIG brands frequently employ aggressive marketing campaigns and promotional discounts, resulting in cost savings for customers who capitalize on these opportunities.
- Customer support inconsistencies: Across EIG brands, users have reported varying levels of customer support quality, with concerns such as slow response times and difficulties in problem resolution.
- Server performance and reliability: Some hosting brands under EIG’s umbrella have experienced suboptimal server performance or frequent downtime, which can adversely affect user experience and search engine optimization (SEO) rankings.
- Pricing and renewal rates: While EIG brands may present attractive initial pricing, their renewal rates can be substantially higher, leading to increased long-term costs.
- Integration challenges: EIG’s acquisition of various hosting companies has occasionally led to complications with site migrations and service integrations, causing disruptions and downtime for certain customers.
Endurance International Group
Is commonly referred to as EIG, is a large-scale web hosting conglomerate that owns and operates a multitude of smaller hosting brands. The company was founded in 1997 and has since acquired numerous well-known hosting providers. EIG’s portfolio includes shared, VPS, dedicated, cloud, and WordPress hosting services, catering to a wide range of customers and their hosting needs.
They were listed on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol EIGI but are now privately held.
Cost of EIG hosting brands
- Basic shared hosting plan starts at $2.95/month (promotional price) with a 36-month commitment. The regular rate is $8.99/month.
- Hatchling shared hosting plan starts at $2.75/month (promotional price) with a 36-month commitment. The regular rate is $10.95/month.
- Shared hosting plan starts at $1.99/month (promotional price) with a 36-month commitment. The regular rate is $10.95/month.
- Shared hosting plan starts at $3.15/month (promotional price) with a 12-month commitment. The regular rate is $14.95/month.
- Basic shared hosting plan starts at $3.95/month (promotional price) with a 36-month commitment. The regular rate is $9.49/month.
- A Small Orange:
- Tiny shared hosting plan starts at $6.51/month with a 12-month commitment.
- hostBasic shared hosting plan starts at $8.34/month with a 24-month commitment. Month-to-month pricing is $10.95/month.
- PersonalClass shared hosting plan starts at $7.70/month with a 24-month commitment. Month-to-month pricing is $10/month.
- Basic shared hosting plan starts at $4.95/month (promotional price) with a 36-month commitment. The regular rate is $9.49/month.
- Starter shared hosting plan starts at $1.59/month (promotional price) with a 36-month commitment. The regular rate is $3.99/month.
Is vast and wide, In hosting realm, they do reside, With many brands beneath their wing, A web of services they bring.
Bluehost, HostGator, iPage all, Their reach, extensive, does enthrall, Shared, VPS, and cloud they host, Servers dedicated, they too boast.
Yet, whispers in the dark, do tell, Of customer support, less than swell, Slow responses, hard to please, Discontent does spread with ease.
Performance falters, servers creak, Downtime frequent, prospects bleak, For those who sought a steadfast stay, Disappointment marks the day.
Initial prices, sweet allure, Yet, renewal rates obscure, Inflated costs, the future holds, Cautionary tales, oft retold.
Migrations, troubled, cause a stir, As EIG brands do transfer, Websites caught in tempest’s gale, Their clients’ peace and calm, derailed.
Still, EIG’s appeal endures, Competitive pricing, wide allure, Ease of use, choices vast, For many, EIG’s hold is cast.
In choosing hosts, let research guide, Compare, review, with care decide, Performance, support, and price, weigh well, And find the host where you’ll excel.
Can I transfer my website away from an EIG-owned hosting company?
Yes, you can transfer your website away from an EIG-owned hosting company by backing up your website files and database, choosing a new hosting provider, and then migrating your website to the new hosting provider.
Is EIG hosting suitable for e-commerce websites?
EIG hosting can be used for e-commerce websites, but it’s important to choose a hosting plan that offers enough resources and features for your specific needs. Many EIG hosting brands offer e-commerce tools and integrations, such as shopping cart software and SSL certificates.
Does EIG offer a money-back guarantee?
Many EIG hosting brands offer a money-back guarantee, typically ranging from 30 to 45 days. Specific terms and conditions may vary by brand.
Does EIG offer website builder tools?
Many EIG hosting brands offer website builder tools, such as Weebly, Wix, and BoldGrid.
Does EIG offer email hosting?
Yes, EIG hosting plans typically include email hosting with features such as unlimited email accounts, spam filtering, and webmail access.
How can I contact EIG customer support?
You can contact EIG customer support through various channels, such as live chat, phone, and email. Specific support options and availability may vary by hosting brand.
Does EIG offer domain registration services?
Yes, many EIG hosting brands offer domain registration services, allowing you to purchase and manage domain names for your website.
Can I use my own SSL certificate with EIG hosting?
Yes, EIG hosting plans typically allow you to use your own SSL certificate for secure HTTPS connections.
What payment options does EIG offer?
EIG hosting brands typically accept payment through credit cards, PayPal, and other popular payment methods.
Does EIG offer server backups?
Many EIG hosting plans include server backups, either through automated backups or manual backups available through the hosting control panel.
Can I upgrade or downgrade my hosting plan with EIG?
Yes, EIG hosting plans typically allow you to upgrade or downgrade your hosting plan depending on your changing needs.
What uptime guarantee does EIG offer?
Many EIG hosting brands offer an uptime guarantee of 99.9% or higher, with compensation offered for downtime beyond the guarantee.
Does EIG offer website migration assistance?
Many EIG hosting brands offer website migration assistance, either through automated migration tools or through customer support.
How long does it take to set up a hosting account with EIG?
EIG hosting account setup times vary by hosting brand and plan, but typically take between a few minutes to a few hours.
Can I use EIG hosting for WordPress?
Many EIG hosting brands offer hosting plans specifically designed for WordPress, with features such as one-click WordPress installation and automatic updates.
Does EIG offer reseller hosting?
Yes, many EIG hosting brands offer reseller hosting plans, allowing you to resell hosting services to your own customers.
What security features does EIG offer?
EIG hosting plans typically include security features such as SSL certificates, firewalls, and malware scanning.
What control panel does EIG use?
Many EIG hosting brands use cPanel as the hosting control panel, while others use their own custom control panel.
Does EIG offer free website migration?
Many EIG hosting brands offer free website migration for new customers, allowing you to easily transfer your website to their hosting service.
Can I use EIG hosting for video streaming?
EIG hosting plans may support video streaming, but it’s important to choose a plan with enough resources and bandwidth to support your specific needs.
What is the cancellation policy for EIG hosting plans?
Cancellation policies for EIG hosting plans may vary by hosting brand and plan, but typically allow for a pro-rated refund if canceled within a certain time frame.
More about hosting for:
Kinsta vs. WP Engine
In the vast realm of web hosting, a tale to be told, Of a company named EIG, their story unfolds. A behemoth in the industry, with acquisitions vast, But their hosting reputation, often left to contrast.
EIG, the Endurance International Group they’re called, A conglomerate of hosting brands, big and bold. Bluehost, HostGator, and many more they acquire, Promising quality hosting, but do they truly inspire?
Let’s delve into the world of EIG hosting, my friend, With humor and honesty, we shall transcend. They boast of shared hosting, with features they claim, But tales of mixed experiences often become their fame.
Bluehost, once renowned for its reliable might, Now suffers from performance issues, a troublesome sight. Customers report slow load times and frustrating downtime, Leaving website owners in a less than happy rhyme.
HostGator, a name once revered in the field, Now faces criticism that cannot be concealed. Unreliable servers and lackluster support, Their once shining reputation seems to fall short.
But let’s not forget, not all stories are grim, Some customers find success, as their praises sing. EIG hosting, despite its ups and downs, Can still provide satisfactory experiences in many towns.
Their vast network of brands, a diverse array, With different offerings, they aim to sway. From shared to VPS, and even dedicated servers, EIG hosting caters to various needs and preferences.
But caution is advised when considering their embrace, Do thorough research and read reviews with grace. For while EIG hosts some successful ventures, Others face challenges, and their hosting adventures.
So, dear seeker of hosting, heed this advice, EIG hosting may have its flaws, but it can suffice. Do your due diligence and choose with care, And may your hosting journey be beyond compare.
Remember, my friend, the hosting realm is vast, EIG hosting is just one chapter, not the last. Explore other providers, seek what suits you best, And find a hosting solution that puts your mind at rest.